Re: unexpected effect of FOREIGN KEY ON CASCADE DELETE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: unexpected effect of FOREIGN KEY ON CASCADE DELETE
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 24 June 2010 7:21:04 am Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz wrote:
> because in my case I have many tables with FK pointing at foob. So
> writing that many triggers is going to be a royal pain.

I am trying to see how this is different from writing the triggers on the child
tables :) In any case are they not all pointing the at the same value in foob?
From what you have described you are trying to capture the name associated with
the id deleted in foob, so I am not sure why the child tables need to be
involved.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com