Re: what does this do - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From John
Subject Re: what does this do
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thursday 10 June 2010 06:46:46 am Little, Douglas wrote:
> First remove the python
> select * from jfcs_balancedue(parameter) f(enrolleeid varchar,course_cost
> decimal, paid_amt decimal)
>
> the jfcs_balancedue is a table function,  f is the alias (with the column
> alias list/datatype of the columns returned by the function).
>
> Doug

Thanks folks the link you folks provided did the trick"If the function has been defined as returning the record data
type,then an

alias or the key word AS must be present, followed by a column"

I was not aware of the syntax required for returning the record data type.

Johnf