Re: is_absolute_path incorrect on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Giles Lean
Subject Re: is_absolute_path incorrect on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Yeah.  If we were to go with Greg's suggestion of inventing a separate
> is_relative_to_cwd test function, I'd expect that to insist on no ".."
> while it was at it.

So it's now two problems, and I think this is my final comment:

1. is_relative_to_cwd() I continue to think is a bad name for something  concerned about ".." (plus on Windows not
havinga drive letter other  than the current one); the "normal" meaning of "relative path" is  merely "not absolute"

2. if this proposed new function is to replace some uses of  is_absolute_path() then I'm afraid I'd not picked up on
that(as  Bruce did) and have no opinion on whether it's a good idea or not,  and am not qualified to be the one doing
thecode investigation (not  enough knowledge of the code, it's beta time, and I'm frantically  short of time just now
aswell, sorry)

Giles