Open Item: invalid declspec for PG_MODULE_MAGIC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Takahiro Itagaki
Subject Open Item: invalid declspec for PG_MODULE_MAGIC
Date
List pgsql-hackers
This open item is for replacing PGDLLIMPORT markers for PG_MODULE_MAGIC
and PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1 to __declspec(dllexport) because they are always
expored by user modules rather than by the core codes.
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20100329184705.A60E.52131E4D@oss.ntt.co.jp

The fix is simple, so I think we can include it to 9.0.
Arguable issues for the patch are: * Are there better name than PGMODULEEXPORT?  I like PGDLLEXPORT   because it is
similarto PGDLLIMPORT, but it might be too similar. * Should we backport the fix to previous releases?   I'd like to
backportit because it should not break any existing   third party modules because they cannot be even built on
Windows.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki