Re: Count actual transaction per minute? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: Count actual transaction per minute?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 09:12:43AM -0700, Melvin Davidson wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to measure _actual_ transactions per minute on a PostgreSQL server. I am not talking about
usingpgbench, as I am not interested in determining what is possible, but rather the actual count of queries /
transactionsbeing sent to the server.

sure. run:
select sum(xact_commit + xact_rollback) from pg_stat_database
every minute, substract previous result from current, and you'll know
your current tpm.

Best regards,

depesz

--