Re: Toast rel options - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Toast rel options
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:

> Also, this seems not to work?
>
> postgres=# alter table test set (my.expectation = on);
> ERROR:  unrecognized parameter namespace "my"
>
> I thought we had enabled custom table options in this release?
> Or was that deferred, or even rejected completely?

IIRC you can define your own parameter namespaces for access methods you
define, but you can't add namespaces to hardcoded AMs.  Possibly not a
very useful definition (because you don't really define new AMs all that
frequently), but it covers what was needed at the time.