Re: xmlconcat (was 9.0 release notes done) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Takahiro Itagaki
Subject Re: xmlconcat (was 9.0 release notes done)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> Hmm. OK. Well here is a patch that tries to fix the xmlconcat error,
> anyway. It seems to work, but maybe could stand a little tightening.

Can we take the patch for 9.0? The bug is registered as an open item:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.0_Open_Items

As far as the patch, I found there are still two issues even after it applied:

1. A linebreak is added at the line end DOCTYPE exists.   =# SELECT xmlconcat('foo', xmlparse(DOCUMENT '<!DOCTYPE
html><html/>'));   xmlconcat   ------------    foo<html/>+

   (1 row)

2. DOCUMENT could have <?xml> before DOCTYPE.   =# SELECT xmlconcat('foo', xmlparse(DOCUMENT '<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE html> <html/>'));    xmlconcat   -----------    foo   (1 row)

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki