Re: How to dump JUST procedures/funnctions? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: How to dump JUST procedures/funnctions?
Date
List pgsql-general
Carlo Stonebanks <stonec.register@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I'd like to dump to text the full SQL required to create/replace all
> user-defined functions within a specific schema - but JUST the function
> declarations.
>
> We are doing server migration and there are some network paths in the
> code I would like to search and replace.

All functions are stored in pg_catalog.pg_proc, you can search the
column prosrc for your network paths.

And you can get the whole function-definition with pg_get_functiondef.

Okay. Now you can run this select:

select 'select pg_get_functiondef (' || oid || ');' from pg_proc where prosrc ~ 'network path';

The result can you use to run as commands to retrieve all
function-definitions.

Andreas