Postgres officially accepted in to 2010 Google Summer of Code program - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Postgres officially accepted in to 2010 Google Summer of Code program
Date
List pgsql-general
Howdy folks,

    I'm very happy to announce that the Postgres project has been selected to
participate in this years Google Summer of Code program.  Over the next couple
weeks we'll be looking to solidify our mentor base; if you work on Postgres
and would be willing to mentor a student, please send me a note so we can get
you signed up.  If you are a student and you're interested in working on
Postgres, now is the time to get your proposal together. Student applications
will open up on March 29th, so we'd like to have our mentors in place for
review, and hopefully had students discussing with the Postgres devs their
proposals as much as needed. If anyone has any questions, feel free to email
me, or track me down on irc.

Handy links for Postgres GSoC:

Our ideas page for GSoC:
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/summerofcode

Our loose attempt at organization:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2010

Our Postgres page on the GSoC site:
http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/org/show/google/gsoc2010/postgresql

Users Guide to GSoC:
http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2010/userguide

Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to another interesting year with GSoC,
and hoping you'll join in.

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net