Order of pg_stat_activity timestamp columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Order of pg_stat_activity timestamp columns
Date
Re: Order of pg_stat_activity timestamp columns
List pgsql-hackers
Has anyone ever noticed that the order of pg_stat_activity timestamp
columns is illogical:
xact_start       | timestamp with time zone |query_start      | timestamp with time zone |backend_start    | timestamp
withtime zone |

query_start is always between the other two timestamps.  Moving
query_start before xact_start would make the most sense.  I wouldn't
bring this up except we just added application_name before these
columns, so we are already going to have different column locations for
these fields in 9.0.

Should we move query_start?

http://enterprisedb.com
 PG East:  http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do