OIDs depending data -- how to dump/restore? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From fkater@googlemail.com
Subject OIDs depending data -- how to dump/restore?
Date
Re: OIDs depending data -- how to dump/restore?  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

I have several databases here which I would like to update
from 8.2 to 8.4, which in turn requires a dump/restore.

However, the databases are OIDs depending, so, some values
depend on OIDs in other tables.

AFAIK the dump/restore does not rebuild the original OID
values, so all relations built accross OIDs fail.

(1)
Is there a way to keep the original OID values somehow?

(2)
If I need to go the long way and replace the OIDs with
SERIALs first, updating all relations to it etc: Would a
dump/restore then restore the original values in a SERIAL
column?

Thank You
 Felix