Re: OIDs depending data -- how to dump/restore? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: OIDs depending data -- how to dump/restore?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sunday 14 March 2010 9:21:06 am fkater@googlemail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have several databases here which I would like to update
> from 8.2 to 8.4, which in turn requires a dump/restore.
>
> However, the databases are OIDs depending, so, some values
> depend on OIDs in other tables.
>
> AFAIK the dump/restore does not rebuild the original OID
> values, so all relations built accross OIDs fail.
>
> (1)
> Is there a way to keep the original OID values somehow?

From here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/app-pgdump.html

-o
--oids

    Dump object identifiers (OIDs) as part of the data for every table. Use this
option if your application references the OID columns in some way (e.g., in a
foreign key constraint). Otherwise, this option should not be used.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com