Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5021: ts_parse doesn't recognize email addresses with underscores - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5021: ts_parse doesn't recognize email addresses with underscores
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > OK, I can add '+' using Teodor's patch as a guide, and document which
> > characters we support, and that we don't support all of them.  What
> > about the binary upgrade issue?  I am now worried that maybe we should
> > back out the patch and just document our restrictions.
>
> The tsearch stuff is supposedly designed to be flexible about that.
> It's not really any different from changing your tsearch configuration
> midstream.  You might not get matches that you would have liked to get,
> but there's not any internal inconsistency.

Glad you are not worried.  ;-)

What concerns me is if someone created a tsvector index or stored
tsvector output in a table using the old rules, a new query might not
match the binary-upgraded tsvector stored values.

You are right that internally it is fine.

http://enterprisedb.com
 PG East:  http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do