Re: BUG #5372: insert into fails with integer expression type char error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From gray.pg@mailnull.com
Subject Re: BUG #5372: insert into fails with integer expression type char error
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Ok.  I've reproduced this but I now think that it isn't a bug.

My schemas initially weren't the symetric when I was using select *.  Alas, when I did align my schemas later, I had
alreadyswitched to specifying a column list which then did not match the column list in the table.  An improvement
mightbe to give the destination port name as well as the source.  I was concentrating on this being a export issue not
acolumn mismatch.

  ERROR:  column "b" is of type integer but expression is of type text

This would be better:

  ERROR:  source column "b" is of type integer but destination column or expression "a" is of type text

What do I need to do to cancel the bug?  Sorry to waste people's time with this.

gray

This message was sent from a MailNull anti-spam account.  You can get
your free account and take control over your email by visiting the
following URL.

   http://mailnull.com/