Re: bug in function arguments "recognition" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Subject Re: bug in function arguments "recognition"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 10:22:31 -0500
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail@webthatworks.it> writes:
> > I've a function defined as:
> > create or replace function catalog_relateditems(__itemid bigint,
> >   families int[]...
>
> If you want any useful comments, you're going to have to show a
> complete example, rather than selectively editing out what you
> think is irrelevant (and, no doubt, isn't).

Golden rule... I thought that psql auto completion was a good enough
proof something wasn't working and I was thinking if someone could
give me a good advice to trim down the clutter to build up a simpler
function that could misbehave.

I was not aware that in and out parameters could be intermixed and I
was expecting an error, but pg was pretty happy with the syntax and
this was enough to put me astray.

Sorry

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo