BUG #5356: citext not acting like case insensitive search - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Gould
Subject BUG #5356: citext not acting like case insensitive search
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5356
Logged by:          Michael Gould
Email address:      mgould@intermodalsoftwaresolutions.net
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.2
Operating system:   Windows 2008 R2 Server, Windows 7 x64
Details:

When we run the following query, we return no results.

Select citystateinfoid from iss.citystateinfo where cityname =
'JACKSONVILLE' and statecode = 'FL';

However this does work

Select citystateinfoid from iss.citystateinfo where cityname =
'Jacksonville' and statecode = 'FL'

The second query is how the data is actually stored.  I've already forwarded
our ddl to david wheeler.