Re: psql tab completion for DO blocks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Takahiro Itagaki
Subject Re: psql tab completion for DO blocks
Date
Re: psql tab completion for DO blocks
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> Where are we on this patch?  We should at least implement the completion
> for 'LANGUAGE' in 'DO', and use the existing pg_language query for
> completion.  I am attaching a patch that does exactly this.

I don't think we need the patch except adding DO to the top-level sql_commands.

Syntax of DO command is:   DO code [ LANGUAGE lang_name ]
We need 'code' before LANGUAGE, but the patch completes "DO" to "DO LANGUAGE".
It will be just a syntax error.

Also, we've already had a completion after LANGUAGE (see words_after_create),
so we don't need an additional Query_for_list_of_languages after LANGUAGE.

BTW, I'm working on psql tab-completion adjustment for new syntax in 9.0.
I'll send it soon.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki