Re: Why lots of temp schemas are being created - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Why lots of temp schemas are being created
Date
List pgsql-general
Walter Coole escribió:

> I would like to drop them, since there are so many of them, they make
> it tedious to look through my databases in pgAdmin.  Is there a
> reliable way to distinguish between temp schemas that exist because
> they are supposed to be there and those that are not?

Run pg_get_backend_idset() (or something like that, maybe there's "stat"
in the name), which returns a list of backend IDs that are running.
Then see which temp schemas have numbers beyond what's listed there;
those shouldn't be there and could cause problems if the numbers are too
high.

> Or even better, a way to tell the database to clean them up itself?

It does, unless one of them gets a very high backend ID that's not
reused.