Re: Review: listagg aggregate - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Takahiro Itagaki
Subject Re: Review: listagg aggregate
Date
Re: Review: listagg aggregate
List pgsql-hackers

> > ok - I am only one who like original behave - so I ?am withdrawing.
> > Robert, If you like, please commit Itagaki's patch. + add note about
> > behave when second parameter isn't stable.
>
> I haven't even looked at this code - I sort of assumed Itagaki was
> handling this one.  But it might be good to make sure that the docs
> have been read through by a native English speaker prior to commit...

Applied with some editorialization. Please check the docs are good enough.

I removed a test pattern for variable delimiters from regression test
because it might be an undefined behavior. We might change the behavior
in the future, so we guarantee only constant delimiters.

The transition functions are renamed to "string_agg_transfn" and
"string_agg_delim_transfn". We cannot use "string_agg_transfn" for
both names because we cast the function name as regproc in bootstrap;
it complains about duplicated function names.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center