Re: Log full of: statement_timeout out of the valid range. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Log full of: statement_timeout out of the valid range.
Date
List pgsql-general
A. Kretschmer wrote:
> > Our setup is a real valid one. Looks like it has to do more with remote
> > connections.
>
> No. 'statement_timeout out of the valid range' has nothing to do with
> remote connections.
>

> > Any idea?
>
> Show us your statement_timeout - setting. If you work with psql, just
> type:
>
> show statement_timeout;
>
> and show us the output.

Obviously, if the value is not valid, it's not getting applied, and thus
it won't show up in SHOW.  The '1h' value is valid; it is not the value
causing the log message.  The invalid value could come from anywhere.
It could be once per connection or once per query, if Danny is using
some middle layer that injects a "SET statement_timeout TO nnn" for
every query.