Re: Commission clears Oracle's proposed acquisition of Sun Microsystems - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Leif Biberg Kristensen
Subject Re: Commission clears Oracle's proposed acquisition of Sun Microsystems
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Friday 22. January 2010 14.49.47 Dave Page wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
> > Wow, Florian Muller's comments seem so out of the mainstream that I
> > think replying to them in a public announcement would just lend them
> > legitimacy.
>
> Well he's right in a way. We'd have to implement all manner of
> gotchas, bugs and just plain weirdness in our code before we could
> claim to replace MySQL.
>
> :-p

There's one thing that PostgreSQL still is missing: Transparent upgrades,
without the dump / upgrade / reload routine. That's just too awkward in a
hosted environment.

regards,
--
Leif Biberg Kristensen