Re: ECPG patch 4.1, out-of-scope cursor support in native mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: ECPG patch 4.1, out-of-scope cursor support in native mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Zoltan,

while testing your patch I went through the test cases and found this in outofscope.pgc:

> + #include <inttypes.h>

As we know by now this won't work. :-)

Besides, would you mind simplifying the test case a little bit? There is no
need to have it test all the sqlda stuff, too. I don't mind having two cases
testing sqlda but this makes testing out of scope variable handling more
difficult especially with sqlda being a rather complex system with different
struct definitions and so on.

Also I wonder why you added struct.pgc. It seems to build and run without a
problem on a non-patched system. Is it an additional test that just happened to
be included here?

Michael

--
Michael Meskes