Re: vacuum issues under load? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: vacuum issues under load?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 08:41:38AM -0700, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> With slony 2.0.3 or so, I had occasional complete lockups of my
> database that I didn't have time to troubleshoot as it was a live
> cluster and I had to restart slony and the databases to get them back
> up and running.

With slony 2.0.2 I had similar problems. A CREATE INDEX on the slave
caused slony on the slave to block while inserting into the table which
eventually blocked the server during the log switch (TRUNCATE) which
eventually blocked everything else.

It occurs to me that the slony daemon should be able to get the
TRUNCATE command to abort if it takes too long.

Have a nice day,

Attachment