Re: ssize_t vs win64 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: ssize_t vs win64
Date
Re: ssize_t vs win64  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I think the Python guys are up against the same problem as us, namely
> >> substituting for the platform's failure to define the type.
>
> > I am unclear if accepting what Python chose as a default is the right
> > route vs. doing more research.
>
> What exactly do you think we might do differently?  There is only one
> sane definition for ssize_t on a 64-bit platform.

Well, I saw two definitions listed in this thread, and it wasn't clear
to me the Python one was known to be the correct one:
PostgreSQL has it astypedef long ssize_t;And python has it as:typedef __int64 ssize_t;

http://enterprisedb.com