Re: Change to config.pl processing in the msvc build environment - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Change to config.pl processing in the msvc build environment
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> I therefor propose that we rename this file to "config.pl.default",
> and change the scripts to first load config.pl.default, and then load
> config.pl if it exists. config.pl then lives completely outside the
> source tree (should be in .cvsignore) and won't show up in any diffs
> or anything.

I've used similar tricks elsewhere and find them pretty useful.  The
patch looks reasonably sane to someone 101% unfamiliar with our MSVC
stuff (except that I'd get rid of the parentheses in the "do foo unless
-f $file" lines).