Re: Largeobject Access Controls (r2460) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Takahiro Itagaki
Subject Re: Largeobject Access Controls (r2460)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > Another comment is I'd like to keep <link linkend="catalog-pg-largeobject-metadata">
> > for the first <structname>pg_largeobject</structname> in each topic.
>
> Those two things aren't the same.  Perhaps you meant <link
> linkend="catalog-pg-largeobject">?

Oops, yes. Thank you for the correction.

We also have "8.4.x series" in the core code. Do you think we also
rewrite those messages? One of them is an use-visible message.

LargeObjectAlterOwner() : pg_largeobject.c        * The 'lo_compat_privileges' is not checked here, because we        *
don'thave any access control features in the 8.4.x series        * or earlier release.        * So, it is not a place
wecan define a compatible behavior.

guc.c   {"lo_compat_privileges", PGC_SUSET, COMPAT_OPTIONS_PREVIOUS,       gettext_noop("Enables backward compatibility
inprivilege checks on large objects"),       gettext_noop("When turned on, privilege checks on large objects perform "
                 "with backward compatibility as 8.4.x or earlier releases.")

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center