Re: Largeobject Access Controls and pg_migrator - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Largeobject Access Controls and pg_migrator
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> > lo_import() has an another prototype which takes second argument to
> > specify LOID. Isn't it available to restore a large object with
> > correct LOID? For example, lo_import('/etc/profile', 1234)
>
> I can't use that because the migration has already brought over the
> pg_largeobject file which has the data.
>
> > Or, if you intend to restore metadata in the second lo_import(),
> > ALTER LAEGE OBJECT and GRANT LARGE OBJECT enable to set up metadata
> > of a certain large object.
>
> Yes, that will work cleanly.  The file might be large because I need a
> GRANT for every large object, but I suppose that is OK.

Uh, I tested pg_migrator and found a problem with this approach:
test=> select loid from pg_largeobject; loid------- 16385 16385 16386(3 rows)test=> grant all ON LARGE OBJECT 16385 to
public;ERROR: large object 16385 does not exist

I am wondering if the missing pg_largeobject_metadata row is causing
this, and again I have no way of creating one with the specified oid.

http://enterprisedb.com