Re: Viewing table data only from its corresponding oid-named file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Viewing table data only from its corresponding oid-named file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Heiner Vega Thames escribió:
> Hi Guys
>
> I have some files that were part of a database, I mean they were
> under /*data/base/DB_OID/table_oid* postgres structure
>
> As I understand *table_oid *which is a numbered file corresponds to
> one table in the original database.
>
> Here is my question: Is there a tool/method to view the data in this
> file so I can get a clue of what the data in that table was?
>
> We had a major drive crash and we could recover only a few of those
> files and want to know if we have a chance to recover some data only
> from those kind of files.

It's rather difficult.  Try pgfsck and/or pg_filedump.  Decoding the
data in them may be very hard -- if you are able to reconstruct the
tables with all columns, it might work, but it will still be very
difficult.