Re: bug: json format and auto_explain - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Itagaki Takahiro
Subject Re: bug: json format and auto_explain
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Looks like auto_explain is under the illusion that it need not call
> ExplainBeginOutput/ExplainEndOutput.

They were added by XML formatter; I suppose it worked on 8.4.

Explain{Begin/End}Output are static functions, so we cannot call them
from an external contrib module. Instead, I'll suggest to call them
automatically from ExplainPrintPlan. The original codes in ExplainPrintPlan
was moved into ExplainOneResult, that name might be debatable.

Patch attached.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro