BUG #5229: Queing requests when not using psql - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Fredrik Palm
Subject BUG #5229: Queing requests when not using psql
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5229
Logged by:          Fredrik Palm
Email address:      fredrik.palm@humlab.umu.se
PostgreSQL version: 8.3 & 8,4
Operating system:   Vista 64
Details:

I am using a standard default installation of postgres.
it being set up to accept connections  from other servers.

When using multiple psql-client to access the database server from another
machine the query (select * from table)
retrieves the content with linear performance according to how many core I
have (8)

A) When repeating the same thing with for example multiple and different
php-request from one apache/phpthe queries are bein queeed and executed in
order and does not use any extra processers avaiable

B) The same happen if I create multiple connections using PGadmin on the
same client(multple instances as well as multiple connections)

C) If I use different PHP-server accessing the database server, than the
postgres database is using the CPU that exists.

I think the multiple connection from the same client machine should be able
to use different threads on the database-server also for other clients the
pgsql.