Re: Large Objects and Replication question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Large Objects and Replication question
Date
List pgsql-general
> >  However you need to use newer API
> > of libpq to create large objects:
> >
> > Oid lo_create(PGconn *conn, Oid lobjId);
> [...]
> > You cannot use old API lo_creat() since it relies on OID, which
> > pgpool-II does not guarantee OIDs can be replicated.
>
> Does it mean that lo_create(conn, 0) is supported while
> lo_creat(conn,INV_READ|INV_WRITE) is not ?
> It sounds strange from the user's point of view, because they do the same
> thing, don't they?

Well, I do not recommend to use lo_create(conn, 0) either.

Actually users can use lo_create(conn, 0) or lo_create without any
problem until you try to extract existing large objects by oid.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan