BUG #5201: insert select gives bogus error message - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From
Subject BUG #5201: insert select gives bogus error message
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5201
Logged by:
Email address:      anteusz@freemail.hu
PostgreSQL version: 8.3
Operating system:   Kanotix, Debian based
Details:

Hi,

I have two tables.
table a, and table b.
table a inherits table b in create table.
table b had at least 10 fields.
I had a command insert into a select * from b;
I got an error message saying
that number of expressions/arguments is not ok.
This does not happen if I use "like" instead of inherit.