Re: Sqldf - error message - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Sqldf - error message
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Friday 20 November 2009 6:43:53 am Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 2009/11/20 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> > "Marvelde, Luc te" <L.teMarvelde@nioo.knaw.nl> writes:
> >> If I run this SQL query:
> >>
> >> + dbo_tbl_Terrein.RingCentraleNaam,
> >> + dbo_tbl_Broedsels.BroedselID
> >> + FROM ((dbo_tbl_BroedselLocatie
> >> + INNER JOIN dbo_tbl_Broedsels ON dbo_tbl_BroedselLocatie.BroedselID =
> >> dbo_tbl_Broedsels.BroedselID)
> >> + INNER JOIN dbo_tbl_Nestkasten ON dbo_tbl_BroedselLocatie.NestkastID =
> >> dbo_tbl_Nestkasten.NestkastID)
> >> + INNER JOIN dbo_tbl_Terrein ON dbo_tbl_Nestkasten.TerreinNummer =
> >> dbo_tbl_Terrein.TerreinNummer
> >> + WHERE (((dbo_tbl_Terrein.RingCentraleNaam)='Oosterhout a/d Waal'));")
> >>
> >> I get the following message:
> >>
> >> Error in sqliteExecStatement(con, statement, bind.data) :
> >>   RS-DBI driver: (error in statement: no such column:
> >> dbo_tbl_Broedsels.BroedselID)
> >
> > It looks to me like sqldf is unaware of the rules about identifier
> > case-folding in Postgres.  That column would come back named
> > "broedselid", but it's probably looking for "BroedselID".
> > Or possibly it's expecting the qualifier "dbo_tbl_Broedsels."
> > to be included in the returned column name.  Either way, you
> > need to bug sqldf's authors to fix it.
>
> is it Postgres? I see  "Error in sqliteExecStatement"

It is more complicated than that see:
http://code.google.com/p/sqldf/

It is a framework sqldf over a framework rsqlite over sqlite. The data frames
the OP is talking about are variables that are coerced to being 'tables'. I can
see no mailing list for sqldf itself. The closet I could come is
which seems to have quite a few discussions on sqldf and would probably be the
better place to ask this question.