Re: CommitFest 2009-09, two weeks on - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: CommitFest 2009-09, two weeks on
Date
Re: CommitFest 2009-09, two weeks on
ECPG patch 1, dynamic cursorname
List pgsql-hackers
Boszormenyi Zoltan escribió:
> Alvaro Herrera írta:

> > I have applied this patch after some tinkering.  I mainly added support
> > for "fetch_args: FORWARD opt_from_in name" and "BACKWARD opt_from_in
> > name" in ecpg.addons which apparently you forgot.
>
> Thanks. Your fix is correct if this patch is considered
> standalone. This means I have to re-post the later
> patches to fix the reject this fix causes in them.

Yeah.  BTW I don't think the rest of the pieces in this series make
sense to apply separately, because they don't do anything useful by
themselves (one of them introduces an unused function, what good is in
that?).  I think they should be submitted as a single patch.

If you want to submit patches in a series like this one, they need to be
considered standalone, I think.  The Linux kernel devs work differently
than us here.