Re: Partitioning option for COPY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Itagaki Takahiro
Subject Re: Partitioning option for COPY
Date
Re: Partitioning option for COPY
List pgsql-hackers
Emmanuel Cecchet <manu@asterdata.com> wrote:

> I have extracted the partitioning option for COPY (removed the error
> logging part) from the previous patch.

We can use an INSERT trigger to route tuples into partitions even now.
Why do you need an additional router for COPY?  Also, it would be nicer
that the router can works not only in COPY but also in INSERT.

BTW, I'm working on meta data of partitioning now. Your "partitioning"
option in COPY could be replaced with the catalog.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center