Re: Patch for automated partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Itagaki Takahiro
Subject Re: Patch for automated partitioning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
shrish purohit <shrishpurohit@gmail.com> wrote:

> Updated Kedar's patch sending on behalf of Kedar.
> There are not toomany modifications. It includes improvements for validating
> multi-column partitioned tables.

Thanks, but I'd like to keep the first patch as possible as simple.
I'll refer your work in the *next* step, especially partition
triggers and ALTER commands.

I glanced over your patch and find some codes that have room for improvement:
 * Need to avoid RANGE and PARTITION to be reserved keywords. * Non SQL-based operations are preferred if possible, so
needto   reconsider pg_parse_query(). * Adding NOTICE message to completionTag is a very bad idea.   we don't need such
featurebecause users can create trigger   on the overflow partition to send those messages.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center