Re: BUG #5145: Complex query with lots of LEFT JOIN causes segfault - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bernt M. Johnsen
Subject Re: BUG #5145: Complex query with lots of LEFT JOIN causes segfault
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Bernt Marius Johnsen escreveu:
> > The below query generated by the Random Query Generator
> > (https://launchpad.net/randgen) causes a segfault. It was caused running

Checkout the latest RQG from launchpad and run ./gentest.pl as shown
above (The lastest tarball misses a feature you need). xx.yy is
attached.

Run like this:
./gentest.pl --dsn=dbi:Pg:user=xxxx --gendata --queries=100000 --threads=1 --grammar=/path/to/xx.yy

> Could you get a core dump and post the gdb backtrace?
>
> $ ulimit -c unlimited
> $ pg_ctl start
> $ psql -c "<my query goes here>" mydb
> $ gdb /path/to/postgres $PGDATA/core
> (gdb) bt
> .
> .
> .
> (gdb) quit

We'll see next week If I can spare some time.

--
Bernt Marius Johnsen, Staff Engineer
Database Technology Group, Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway

Attachment