Re: Defining roles - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Mason
Subject Re: Defining roles
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:32:05AM -0500, Michael Gould wrote:
> In our system we have a hybrid security system.
[...]
> Trying to maintain the database
> to match the application security would become cumbersome for our customers.

Have you looked at using functions protected by "security definer"?  I
tend to use these a lot when I want to enforce any remotely complicated
security properties.  The functions can go away and check whatever
properties you want and allowing you to have a parallel set of checks
going on to the stuff directly supported by PG.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/