Re: Can the string literal syntax for function definitions please be dropped ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Can the string literal syntax for function definitions please be dropped ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Timothy Madden escribió:

> Just like when I write C++ applications I use standards-conforming
> C++, when I write SQL applications I would like to use
> standard-conforming SQL.

Sadly, we don't have standards-conformant SQL/PSM.  Right now, we have a
lot of different languages for functions, none of them mandated by SQL,
and there is no reason to create a syntax exception for any of them.

I am sure that when we get SQL/PSM support, the interest in getting
standards-conformant procedure creation statements is going to get a lot
higher.

PL/pgSQL is not SQL/PSM.