Re: multi-company design/structure ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wolfgang Keller
Subject Re: multi-company design/structure ?
Date
List pgsql-general
> Is it better to create multi databases or create multi schemas?

You're missing one option imho: One database, one schema.

> I am writing a program that can have multi instances.  Sort like a finanical
> accounting system that can have multiable companies. Where each company has a
> different name but the tables are an exact match to each other.

Then you could simply add a "company-id" column to every table (and make this column part of the primary key of each
table).And if you run multiple instances of the program within _one_ company, then you can also add an "instance-id"
column(and make this column also part of the primary key of each table).

Sincerely,

Wolfgang

--
NO "Courtesy Copies" PLEASE!