Re: TODO item: Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: TODO item: Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas escribió:

> The problem of having both a table and a closely related view is,
> IME, one that comes up a lot. I think you just need to pick a
> convention and stick with it.  Mine is to append "_view" to the
> table name.

That would make the difference clear, but since what the user normally
wants to see is the view, it seems a poor solution to make the view the
more difficult one to type (and the one that isn't tab-completed first
in psql).  I'd go with naming the view pg_db_role_setting and append
"_internal" to the catalog or something similar, except that we don't
have any catalog with such a bad name yet and I don't want to start.

Maybe name the table pg_configuration?