Re: Postgresql 8.4.1 segfault, backtrace - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Brown
Subject Re: Postgresql 8.4.1 segfault, backtrace
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thursday 24 September 2009 23:02:15 Michael Brown wrote:
> > I think this must mean that corrupt data is being read from the relcache
> > init file.  The reason a restart fixes it is probably that restart
> > forcibly removes the old init file, which is good for recovery but not
> > so good for finding out what's wrong.  Could you modify
> > RelationCacheInitFileRemove (at the bottom of relcache.c) to rename the
> >  file someplace else instead of deleting it?  And then send me a copy
> > of the bad file once you have one?
>
> I have captured and attached the file as saved-pg_internal.init.bak.

In case it helps, I noticed the following in gdb:

  (gdb) p *(RelIdCacheEnt*)status.curEntry
  $1 = {reloid = 932863600, reldesc = 0x0}

and this reloid is too high to be realistic; we have only just hit the two
million mark for oids in pg_class.  This seems to support your thought that
the relcache init file is corrupt.

Michael