Why does LOG have higher priority than ERROR and WARNING? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Itagaki Takahiro
Subject Why does LOG have higher priority than ERROR and WARNING?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
LOG messages have higher priority than ERROR and WARNING
in log_min_messages (PANIC > FATAL > LOG > ERROR > WARNING) now.
Can I reorder them to ERROR > WARNING > LOG ?  It makes a difference
to "per-destination minimum message levels" feature that I working on.

LOG messages are often used for performance logging. On the other hand,
WARNING and ERROR messages report something bad. It should be no surprise
that users think ERRORs and WARNINGs are more important than LOGs.
So, I think we should allow users to set log_min_messages to report
only PANIC, FATAL, ERROR and WARNING messages in server logs.

Am I missing something?

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro