Re: Patch: update Bonjour support to the newer non-deprecated API - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Patch: update Bonjour support to the newer non-deprecated API
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Hmm, but it doesn't link unless I manually add -ldns_sd to the link
> command.

And then it throws a warning on start, and fails to work anyway:

*** WARNING *** The program 'postgres' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=postgres>
LOG:  DNSServiceRegister() failed: error code -65540

So we're not better than when we started, but it doesn't cause any
problem if not enabled.