Re: Triggers on columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Itagaki Takahiro
Subject Re: Triggers on columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> wrote:

> Itagaki-san, isn't it more suitable to check rte->modifiedCols
> than heap_tuple_attr_equals()? Although, this information is
> not delivered to executor...

I'd like to check conditions by comparing actual values but not
a target of UPDATE statement because I think almost user expects
the former behavior. Unmodified UPDATE-targets are common case
if we use a framework that generates SQL statements internally.

Anyway, we need to compare the actual values if we want to treat
NEW value modifed by another trigger correctly.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center