Triggers on columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Itagaki Takahiro
Subject Triggers on columns
Date
Re: Triggers on columns
List pgsql-hackers
Here is a patch to implement "Support triggers on columns" in our ToDo list.

The syntax is:
    CREATE TRIGGER name
        BEFORE UPDATE OF col1, col12, ...
        ON tbl FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE func();

I consulted the previous work following:
    Column-level triggers (From: Greg Sabino Mullane, Date: 2005-07-04)
    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2005-07/msg00107.php
and completed some under-construction parts.

It's still arguable that we should add dependencies from column
triggers to referenced columns. In the present patch, dropeed
columns are just ignored and always considered as not-modified.
Please grep with "TODO: (TRIGGER)" to check the issue.

Comments welcome.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro