Re: R: Field's position in Table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: R: Field's position in Table
Date
List pgsql-general
Tino Wildenhain wrote:

> And which is quite easily done by:
>
> [ some SQL commands ]

Yeah, there are workarounds, but they have limitations -- they don't
work with FKs, they don't work if there's inheritance, they lose
indexes, and so on.  They remind me how our CLUSTER command worked in
7.1.  Fortunately we fixed most of the problems of that one (except that
it is very slow).

This is one of the things that would be "nice to have".  It won't be a
life changer feature like, say, HOT or streaming replication.  Still,
if/when I have the time and inclination, I'll take a look at it if no
one beats me to it (probably not for 8.5 anyway).