Re: Geometric Elimination - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Geometric Elimination
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 08:28:05PM +1000, Paul Matthews wrote:
> Trying to solve this problem by using a process of elimination. All
> works fine until the comment below is removed.

I haven't completely understood what you're trying to do, but I have a
few points.

- I don't see any definition of an operator class, just the family, which doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

- Does it work if you replace the use of the operator with the equivalent function call (contains)?

- Check for differences in the explain output, that should reveal any implicit casts that may be getting in your way.

Hope this helps,