Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Petr Jelinek wrote:

> The implementation as I see it would create function in pg_temp
> namespace, call it and then drop it. Any other implementation would
> imho mean rewriting procedure language api.

That's really ugly.  It'll cause catalog bloat with every execution.
I think it would be acceptable to have a new column in pg_language that
pointed to an anonymous block execute function.  Languages that do not
define this function cannot use this new feature.

BTW I think you should start a new thread for this proposal.  It has
diverged a bit from GRANT ON ALL.