Re: max_allowed_packet equivalent in Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Mason
Subject Re: max_allowed_packet equivalent in Postgres?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 03:31:39PM -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
> If your client app is coded correctly to handle large packets of data, it
> should work up to the size limits documented at
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/ , so you probably having nothing to worry
> about here.

Is it worth having a note about having enough memory floating around
for those limits to actually be hit in practice?  There would be no
way of creating a row 1.6TB in size in one go, it would be ~800 UPDATE
statements to get it up to that size as far as I can see.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/